Sunday, March 15, 2020

(02/10/2020)

This past week was awesome.

First  off I got a new companion this past week. Elder Gittins from Hyrum Utah. He has been out just over 6 months and is super funny. He likes golf too so you know maybe it was a match made in heaven. He spent his first 6 months in Bo and had some choice companions (to put it nicely), so I am excited to make the best of our time together.

And this week the work took off. It seems that we have so much to do and not enough time to do it all. From teaching our investigators to meeting with members and giving acts of service and meeting new people aand referals, lets just say Elder Gittins and I have been getting very good night sleeps for the past week. This is dry season too and the hottest month of the year (march) is soon approaching. This year definitely doesnt feel as hot as last year, and I dont know if it because it actually isnt or I have adjusted. But i think judging by the fact that if its ever below 80 degrees i put on a sweatshirt, I think i have adjusted and that means everyone will make fun of me when i get home, so im mentally preparing for that now. 

This week we had a baptism, not for us but the other Elders here in Kailahun. And because this is Sierra Leone most things dont work, including our baptismal font, so we went to the river Moa to baptize. Which way cool because now I can say I have witnessed a baptism in a river that divides 2 different countries. Was he baptized in Sierra Leone or Guinea, no one really knows haha. 

Last zone conference we talked about all the things that we suffer for Christ. And if I were to make a list it would be super long haha but right now we have no water. Our well doesnt have enough water to pump into our tank. So it makes for some super fun times and adventures trying to figure out how to shower, do dishes, and go to the bathroom. And I know as most of you read this youll think Im crazy but like I said we must keep an eternal perspective, why are we suffer these temporal things, so that we are able to bring others to the great knowledge of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And when you think of it like that, there isnt anything I wouldnt endure for that. I love teaching the Gospel and it truly has changed my life and I am starting to understand more and more the fulness of joy Heavenly Father has in store for us. 

Elder Hendricks 





No comments:

Post a Comment

No Coronavirus Yet (03/16/2020)

While Sierra Leone still doesn't have a recorded case of the virus lots of people are still freaking out. The announcement that church w...